All NSTC therapists are registered with either the Ontario College
of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) or
the College of Registered Psychotherapists (CRPO). We
participate in ongoing professional development, consultation and
Barbara Horne MASc, RP, RMFT
Barbara Horne has been practicing in the Niagara area since 1987 in both the public and private sectors.
- a Registered Psychotherapist, RP (College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario # 003643),
- a Registered Marriage & Family Therapist, RMFT (Canadian Association of Marriage & Family Therapy # 2017844),
- a clinical fellow of the American (and Ontario) Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (AAMFT/OAMFT # 38085), and
- a Certified Therapist and EMDRIA-Approved Consultant & Training Provider in EMDR.
- individual therapy,
- EMDR Therapy, and
- consultation & training to EMDR clinicians.
Barbara’s greyhound, Chester, is a frequent visitor at the clinic, offering his calm presence and unconditional support.
Barbara is the founding director of the Niagara Stress & Trauma Clinic’s EMDRIA-Approved Basic EMDR Therapy Training Programs which have been qualifying EMDR clinicians since 2007. She has personally taught over 100 EMDRIA-Approved Basic EMDR Therapy courses in Central & Eastern Canada. Joined by Philippe Gauvreau, PsyD as the French Language Director, NSTC’s program delivers trainings and CE-Credit workshops in English & French, supported by a team of 11 facilitators across the country.
Barbara is also an experienced speaker, having presented on EMDR Therapy at provincial, national and international conferences.
For more information on:
- The College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario contact www.CRPO.ca
- The Canadian Association for Marriage & Family Therapy contact www.CAMFT.ca
- EMDR International Association (EMDRIA) contact www.EMDRIA.org
- EMDR Canada contact www.emdrcanada.org
- Ontario Association for Marriage & Family Therapy contact www.OAMFT.on.ca
- The American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy contact www.AAMFT.org
Vera Krasovec MSW, RSW
Vera Krasovec, MSW, RSW, has over 30 years of experience working in private practice and community agencies/organizations. During this time, she has devoted her training and practice to specializing in the following areas:
- the traumatic impact of sexual, psychological and physical violence,
- dissociative disorders and adaptation,
- eating disorders and body image concerns,
- transitioning concerns for the transgendered/gender diverse person and their family,
- managing anxiety&/depression in adults and children, and
- grief and loss – transitions in life and the impact of separation/divorce on children.
Experienced in working with adults, adolescents and children, she employs a wide range of treatment approaches (i.e. EMDR, sensorimotor, cognitive-behavioural, narrative, mindfulness and expressive therapies).
In addition, Vera offers clinical supervision, as well as consultation and support to psychotherapists, social workers, counsellors, front line workers and various not-for-profit agencies in the Niagara Region. Her background in clinical supervision/consultation is extensive and an active part of her practice.
On a personal note, Vera studied the practices of Shaolin Kung Fu, Tai Chi and Chi Kung. She has an interest in Eastern traditions/philosophies and how they can assist in the healing process.
Vera has a Master of Social Work from Wilfrid Laurier University and completed a graduate certificate program in advanced clinical supervision from Smith College/University. She is a member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, and the Ontario Association of Social Workers. Vera is also a General Member in good standing with the Canadian Association for Play Therapy and with EMDR Canada.
Claire Vernon MSW, RSW
Claire Vernon MSW RSW has been practicing psychotherapy in the Niagara Region for 12 years. She specializes in providing trauma therapy to adults and adolescents 16 years and up. She also works with those who identify as LGBTQ+. She has experience treating simple and complex PTSD, dissociation, depression, anxiety, eating disorders/body image concerns as well as issues related to gender/sexual orientation. She has provided treatment to Ridley students since 2010. Her training includes EMDR, treatment for dissociation, Polyvagal theory, Narrative, CBT and others.